[monit] General request for monit

From: Naoya Nakazawa
Subject: [monit] General request for monit
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 21:21:31 +0900

Hi,

I'm using monit 5.0.3 at my internet service.
Monit is very useful open source unix system management tool.
So I have a one general request for monit.

I want to use my custom shell script for service tests. For example httpd
process, like this.

check process httpd with pidfile /var/run/httpd.pid
    start program = "/etc/init.d/httpd start"
    stop program = "/etc/init.d/httpd stop"
    if failed exec "my_custom_script.sh" timeout 1 for 10 cycles then restart

timeout is custom shell script execution time.

my_custom_script.sh like this.

#!/bin/sh
# checking my rules processes
# when failed
exit 1
# when succeed
exit 0

I think that this function is very useful for everyone.
So, I'm trying to write a patch for monit.

Thank you,
Naoya Nakazawa