[monit] Passive Mode question

From: Nelson Vale
Subject: [monit] Passive Mode question
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 19:30:05 +0100

Hi,

I've been using monit v.4.7 for a while without any problems, and now I decided to upgrade to the most recent version. So I've made some tests with my 4.7 configuration and everything seems to work fine with the exception of the "mode passive". When monit monitors a service that is in this mode if the service is stopped it will start it the same. I've tried this with different versions (5.0.3, 5.0.2, 5.0.1 and 4.10) and they all have the same problem. With 4.7 this works just fine.

One of the files that I'm using is this one:

"
check process slapd with pidfile /var/run/slapd.pid
    start program = "/etc/init.d/ldap start"
    stop program = "/etc/init.d/ldap stop"

    mode passive

    if failed host 127.0.0.1 port 389 protocol ldap3 then restart
    if cpu usage is greater than 70 percent for 2 cycles then alert
    if cpu usage > 90% for 5 cycles then restart
    if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout
"

Has the "mode" feature changed anyway since 4.7?

Thx,

Nelson Vale