Re: [monit] Cross compiling

From: rory
Subject: Re: [monit] Cross compiling
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 11:21:32 -0700

You also need to edit the Makefile and remove the "-s" from INSTALL_PROG. /usr/bin/install doesn't seem to want to accept any of the standard ways to override strip.

rory wrote:
I just cross-compiled it, although I haven't run it yet. I did not include SSL support, as I'm currently tracking down an SSL issue in my ARM toolchain. I just did:

CC=arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc ./configure --prefix=/darwin --host=arm-none-linux-gnueabi --target=arm-none-linux-gnueabi --build=i386-redhat-linux --without-ssl

and "make" making sure that the CC was in my $PATH.

Andrew Holt wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to cross compile monit for a ARM linux target.

Has anybody managed to do this,
and any tips ?

Regards,
Andrew