Re: [monit] status command output is incorrect

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] status command output is incorrect
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 22:32:05 +0200

Can you run monit with -v option and check output?

1.) stop monit:
monit quit

2.) run monit in verbose mode in foreground:
monit -vIc /etc/monit.conf

Thanks,
Martin

On Aug 31, 2009, at 10:23 PM, Craig Jolicoeur wrote:

Well, the status output shows that the process "delayed_job" is not
monitored.  This is techincally correct because I don't specify
anywhere that monit should monitor a job called "delayed_job"

I do specify processes named "delayed_job.0", "delayed_job.1" and
"delayed_job.2" and you can see those are not listed anywhere in the
status output (neither monitored or failed).

If I do "monit monitor delayed_job.0" nothing happens and the monit
status output doesn't change.

Again, monit is already monitoring delayed_job.0|1|2 fine, they just
don't appear in the status output for control.  Instead a process
called "delayed_job" appears that I have no idea where it comes from.

- Craig