Re: [monit] monit 5 sends alert on monitor/unmonitor

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: [monit] monit 5 sends alert on monitor/unmonitor
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:12:20 +0200

On 17. juni. 2008, at 23.50, Aleksander Kamenik wrote:

I just upgraded to monit 5 and to also check out m/monit. Nice stuff! I'll write up some feature suggestions/comments about m/monit later.

We would be interested to hear your feedback on m/monit, Aleksander.

The change to monit 5 beta1 from 4.10 however includes a very annoying feature/bug. monit sends me an alert on monitor and unmonitor action, performed form m/monit or the commandline on host.

*

Is this a bug or should I somehow reconfigure my hosts to have the old behaviour of no alerts on monitor and unmonitor commands?

I have to discuss this with Martin when he comes back from vacation, but I think this is something we would like to turn off.

Jan-Henrik