Re: [monit] stop on failed service

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] stop on failed service
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 19:34:44 -0800

When the monitored service type is process, monit checks whether the process is running. If it is not running, then it bypasses the stop action, since it is not needed as per current logic.

In your case you can either fix the startup script (to cleanup before start) or do it inline, something like:

start program = "/bin/bash -c '/bin/rm -f /var/run/myprocess.pid && /usr/bin/python myprocess.py"

Martin