[monit] Incorrect mem usage and children shown mysql and apache

From: Mr. Reasonable
Subject: [monit] Incorrect mem usage and children shown mysql and apache
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 00:18:24 +0100

Hi all,

After looking through the archive I could not find the answer to two questions.  The first one is the following:

1)
after implementing the sample code for MySQL and Apache, I find that the results are not complete.  For MySQL monit says that there are 0 children, whereas there are in fact 10 instances of MySQLd running, each using 1.7% of the memory.  The total sum of memory used by MySQLd is totally wrong too, as a result.  Same goes for Apache, it does not show the actual usages:

mysqlrunning21d 12h 56m 0.0% 1.7% [27592 kB]
apache running3m 0.0%1.2% [18820 kB]

So my question is how to fix this?  The memory and CPU limits are never going to be reached when only one of the 10 processes is monitored.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Rea