Re: [monit] monit mail-format options

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] monit mail-format options
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 20:35:35 +0100

Alternatively - Monit has native support for multiple alerts (global and/or per service) and event filters + customizable mail-format.

Usually i add the sms recipient on selected events directly to monit configuration.

Martin

Simon Christian wrote:
I've looked further at the documentation and played with monitrc and not been able to find the option to add a priority. So I edited sendmail.c of the monit source to include the following lines:

do_send(&S, "X-Priority: 1\n");
do_send(&S, "X-MSMail-Priority: High\n");

These lines are written in after line 135. I'm aware this isn't ideal, but it solves my problem for the moment.
Just thought I'd let everyone know

Cheers,
Simon

Simon Christian wrote:
Hi,

Is it possible to have monit give the alert emails it sends a priority header such as "X-Priority = 1"? I am asking because I'm looking at getting the monit emails sent to an address that will trigger an sms message to be sent for high priority messages.

Cheers,
Simon