[monit] Monit is spamming me with Process Changed alerts

From: Cliff Hayes
Subject: [monit] Monit is spamming me with Process Changed alerts
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 21:30:43 -0500

Hello all,

Monit is monitoring a program for me that apparently changes its PID or
periodically restarts itself with a new pid so Monit keeps sending me emails
saying "monit alert -- Changed <process name>"

I can't find a way to stop or exclude those notifications.

Here is my config entry:

check process <process name> with pidfile "/var/run/<process name>.pid"
  alert <address@hidden> only on { timeout, nonexist }

Thanks in advance,

Cliff