Re: [monit] access to httpd server times out

From: Aleksander Kamenik
Subject: Re: [monit] access to httpd server times out
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 12:35:53 +0300

Raphael Alla wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to access to monit from my machine. The client machine is outside of the local network and is currently on IP address 202.22.226.66 <http://202.22.226.66>. When I try to connect to monit using my web browser, the connection times out. There is no message in the monit logfile that says that it denied a connection from an unauthorized host.

Sound like a network/firewall issue. Can you ping the monit machine?

If yes, then your routing is OK. Check the iptables (or whatever) rules, to see that the port is open for you.

--
Aleksander Kamenik
system administrator

Krediidiinfo AS