Re: [monit] monit tag in subject header?

From: Aleksander Kamenik
Subject: Re: [monit] monit tag in subject header?
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 15:32:35 +0300

Kirrus wrote:

It would be, if you have a mail client that can filter on the List-Id
header. My client cannot. Trying to filter by To or CC fields is
buggy, and only filters ~50% of the mail correctly. If the tag is
removed, I will have to unsubscribe from this list. My mail client is
in this case, dictated by my work. (I use zimbra's open-source
webmail)

If it doesn't work, then zimbra's got a bug which is not the
mailinglist's problem.

My sieve looks like this, only filter on to/cc, to possible addresses:

if anyof( header :contains["To","Cc"]["address@hidden"],
header :contains["To","Cc"]["address@hidden"])
{
        fileinto "lists/monit-general";
        stop;
}

Works perfectly.

As for the [monit] tag, i couldn't care less. I didn't even notice it when it appeared. I use lists with and without them. So if it makes life easier for some people, then let it be there.

--
Aleksander Kamenik
system administrator

Krediidiinfo AS