Re: Question about monitrc file.

From: Jovan Kostovski
Subject: Re: Question about monitrc file.
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 15:10:17 +0200

On 10/4/07, alex <address@hidden> wrote:
>     Hi Jovan.
>     Thank you for detail answer. But one question you don't explain.
>     Can you tell me from where you know about this feature (that heartbeat
> don't monitoring scripts from /etc/rc.d/init.d or /etc/init.d)? I haven't
> doubts that you are right (but i don't check this yet) but want to see
> this fact in official documentation (as you wrote in previouse letter).

I'm writing this based on the setup that I've made, from the examples
that I found on internet on http://www.linux-ha.org/

It's my opinion that if you don't specify the resources (monitored
processes) are not defined in /etc/ha.d/resource.d if it's in
/etc/init.d it would practically mean that every
script in /etc/init.d will be monitored resource.

Unfortunately I made an error in the start up wrapper script that I sent you,
the stop function should be (instead of killing the process it should
call the original startup script to stop the process):

stop() {
      echo -n "Shutting down : "
      $path_to_exec/$exec_name stop
      return