Re: Calling external application/script

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Calling external application/script
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:39:41 +0200

On 21. jun. 2007, at 10.54, Ian P. Christian wrote:

I notice calling an external application/script is on the todo list and is marked as high priority. I thought I'd give monit a try on my server, however without this feature it's unable to monitor my hardware RAID status, which is a bit of a problem.

Is there a likely time frame on this feature, or perhaps it's even already implemented in CVS?

I'm put up as responsible for that feature. The status is that this is a work in progress and not in CVS yet. I have the code for exec but need to incorporate it into monit. I can't promise any ETA on this and I'm sorry to say that it has been on our TODO list a while. The reason is that I'm currently prioritizing m/monit development whenever I have time, we are serious behind schedule there. This feature will most certainly be added at some time in the monit space- time continuum though.

As always, if anyone else wants to give this a stab, patches are welcome.

Jan Henrik