Re: pidfile/start: wait for X cycles before restart

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: pidfile/start: wait for X cycles before restart
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:25:53 +0200

Hi,

the solution is to restart the service via monit (for example "monit restart myservice") ... this can be done easily by modification of the logrotate script for the given service.

This approach is natural and can be seen in many different process monitors as well - any mangling of the process should be done via the process monitor's interface. For example Sun Cluster or SMF behavior is the same, other cluster frameworks will behave most probably same way.

Martin