unmonitor action doesn't work properly

From: Jeffrey Gelens
Subject: unmonitor action doesn't work properly
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:50:25 +0900

I'm using monit 4.6 but also tried 4.8.1.
I've got the following test configuration:

check host RB with address 10.20.1.102
  if failed port 777 type tcp expect "PORT rb" then unmonitor

Using this simple configuration I get a nice alert in my email box with
"'RB' failed, cannot open a connection to INET[10.20.1.102:777]" As action it mentioned "unmonitor" However, when I login to the webserver it is still telling me "online with all services" and it is still being monitored, but the port is down.

When I change the config from "then unmonitor" to "then alert" then it nicely says "Connection failed"

What am I doing wrong?

-- Jeffrey Gelens