Monitor the number of files in a directory?

From: Edward A. Muller
Subject: Monitor the number of files in a directory?
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 17:44:22 -0600 (CST)

Any idea on how I can use monit to monitor the number of files in a directory?

Mailman for some of our customers goes bonkers sometimes and just stops
processing mail in the $MAILMANHOME/qfiles/out directory. Restarting mailman
fixes the problem. I'd like to use monit to restart Mailman should the number
of files in the qfiles/out directory reaches something like 50 or 100 files.

--
Good Luck & God Speed,

Edward Muller
Owner - Interlix, LLC