Feature request: from ip in connection testing

From: Goetz Bock
Subject: Feature request: from ip in connection testing
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 14:46:47 +0100

Dear authors, dear list,

let me first thank for this great tool. While I've not yet
figured how to use it in the most ideal way I've one feature request.

I'm running monit on an IPsec gateway and would need to test the
availability of a smtp server through the tunnel:

if failed $mailserver port 25 protocol smtp from $proper_ip then ...

This could be combined with the sourceport discussed lately.

Thanks for listeing,
    Goetz.
--
/"\ Goetz Bock at blacknet dot de  --  secure mobile Linux everNETting
\ /       (c) 2006 Creative Commons, Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 de