Re: monit should be able to send alerts to a configurable nagios daemon

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: monit should be able to send alerts to a configurable nagios daemon
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 21:42:33 +0200

yes, see http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/doc/next.php#33

Martin

Alex wrote:
Claus Klein wrote:

I want to extent monit with an interface to Nagios.

I think a plugin interface for monit alerts would be great. And for checks too.

I'd create a custom plugin for sending SMS messages, it would be only of use to me at my company, but be really simple to create if it were just a plugin.

Right now I'm dependent on the local MTA, which executes a script, which in turn depends on a few other thigs, to convert a mail to SMS.

The nagios plugin would be easier to create too.

As for checks, people would create all kinds stuff, which might or might not be added to monit natively at some point. I'm missing a check for bandwidth for example.

Have there been any plans for plugins?

Thanks,
    Alex