Re: (no subject)

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 17:35:02 +0200

I think it will take at least 1 manday => ca. 500 EUR.

Maybe there will be more users willing to sponsor this feature so the cost may be shared :)

Martin

Ugo Bellavance wrote:
Hi,

address@hidden <> wrote:

Hi,

you may use longer timeout (the default is 5s):

  if failed port 25 protocol smtp with timeout 15 seconds
then restart

We tried that already, looks like it is not sufficient.

Generaly - the feature you asked for is on wishlist already:
http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/doc/next.php#20

True.  I knew I saw that on the list in the past.  I searched and only
found http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/doc/next.php#22, which is similar,
but only for ping tests.

I'm very busy last few months and have no spare time for "hobby".

I undersdand.

If there will be no other volunteer for this feature, i may
implement it when it will be sponsored.

How much money would we be talking about?

Thanks,

Ugo

Martin

Ugo Bellavance wrote:

Hi,

        We have monit installed on a few servers and we are getting

false

positives rather frequently.  Would it be possible to have some
tolerance on the tests (smtp, in our case).

        Example:

if failed 3 tests in a row, alert.

This would be helpfull because it happens rather often that we get a
'connection failed' on one cycle, and 'connexion passed' on the
following cycle.
I'm considering donating money.

Thanks

Ugo