Re: manual start and the monit poll interval

From: Michel Marti
Subject: Re: manual start and the monit poll interval
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:02:01 +0100

Duane Cox wrote:

Before monit starts, I start all my other services, S30,S40,S50, etc...
But some of my services, although they actually start before monit, take
some time to startup.
So effictively, they have not finished starting up before monit takes off.

To prevent this, you can let monit start the services and not use S* links for them. I start monit through init (/etc/inittab) and monit takes care of starting the services.