Re: Different startup time from polling time?

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: Different startup time from polling time?
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 11:34:52 +0200

On Aug 25, 2004, at 20:50, rory toma wrote:

The root problem is hard to fix...

Yes it is.

How do you "fix" half a dozen external programs to "behave".

I do not have a good answer to this, I wish I did, maybe others do? As I said we have had this discussion before and I think we decided that using a fixed time before poll is started does not really solve the problem. See e.g. http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/monit-dev/2003-09/msg00176.html

If there is a strong support for re-adding this feature in monit I'm of course not going to oppose it. It would be interesting to know what Martin and Christian thinks and if they have changed their point of view on this feature.

With Regards
--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland