Speech synthesis example

From: Vlada Macek
Subject: Speech synthesis example
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 15:13:59 +0200

Hi,

this is some speech output example using the The Festival Speech
Synthesis System (http://www.cstr.ed.ac.uk/projects/festival), free
license. Festival was simply fed with the following text:

"Dear administrator, sorry for disturbing you at eleven twelve o clock.
One of your servers, dilbert, failed I C M P ECHO test. The service is
not monitored from now until your intervention. End of message."

Such feature is not built in monit yet, but is planned. This is just an
example to hear how it might sound. Monit server probably wont talk to
you in this friendly way. I din't set festival in some special way. Just
compiled and running it. With some tricky scripts it now delivers the
digested incoming mail headers in audible form up to my bed, where I lay
learning from the books.

If the admins decide to put this example to the next.html page under
"Speech support", I'll be glad. :-)

Have fun.

Vlada