Re: No Alerts

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: No Alerts
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 18:02:15 +0200

Chris Lopeman <address@hidden> writes:

> I was hoping to setup Monit to issues no alerts on certain checks,
> just to have it monitor and do restarts.
>
> check process sshd with pidfile /var/run/sshd.pid
>         alert address@hidden on {}  # Dont alert
>
> But that generates a syntax error.  Is the right way to accomplish
> this to alert filter to something that will never happen
>
> check process sshd with pidfile /var/run/sshd.pid
>         alert address@hidden on {uid}  # Dont alert

One "right way" is just to skip the alert statement for that
particular check entry. But for this to work you must not use a global
SET ALERT statement. Maybe we should allow an empty alert filter block
as you first tried or use a "none" keyword for no alters? For example:

  alert address@hidden on {none}

Thoughts?

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland