Re: configuring monit's httpd

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: configuring monit's httpd
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 21:40:54 +0100

Martin Pala <address@hidden> writes:

> Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
>> *Darn*! First the long downtime, then after the latest changes to
>> savannah things seems to work bad. I really liked savannah but now
>> with
>>  * The file download area does not work
>>  * Anonymous cvs does not work
>>  * Changing CVSROOT does not work, i.e. cannot add modules nor mail on
>>    cvs checkin
>>  * And sending mail to the mailing lists is like watching paint dry,
>>    it takes a long time
>> I must say it's tempting to think about moving to another Open Source
>> site such as sourceforge...
>>

> I agree with the project move.
>
> As you described, lot of savannah functional issues remains. There
> were similar recuring longterm problems in the past as well (with
> package area).
>
> The move can simplify one of our current todo item too - to reorganize
> monit directory tree.

Hehe, good point. Never the less, I feel we should wait, say 2-3
weeks, to see if things improve.

Another option, if we decide to move, is to keep the mailing lists at
savannah (it's nice to have the history and beeing able to search the
archive) and just move the CVS repository to, for example, sourceforge
or to http://www.tigris.org/ or to another place..

What do you think?

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland