Re: CVS snapshot failed

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: CVS snapshot failed
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 17:30:42 +0200

Igor Homyakov <address@hidden> writes:

> hi,
>
> truble with last CVS (28 Aug 2003)
>
> # monit -c /etc/monitrc -i
> monit: syntax error 'postmaster' at line 9
>
> /etc/monitrc attached
> --
> Igor Homyakov
> <igor.homyakov AT ramax.ru>
>
> set daemon 120
> set logfile syslog
> set mailserver 10.4.1.10
>
> # null mailer
> check process master with pidfile /var/spool/postfix/pid/master.pid
>       start program = "/etc/init.d/postfix start"
>       stop  program = "/etc/init.d/postfix stop"
>       alert postmaster
>
> check process sshd with pidfile /var/run/sshd.pid
>       start program = "/etc/init.d/sshd start"
>       stop  program = "/etc/init.d/sshd stop"
>       if failed host 10.4.1.73 port 22 protocol ssh
>          then restart
>       if 3 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout
>       alert admin

Yep, sorry, but I removed the possibility to use the short email
address version for alerts. There was some problem with the function
leading to a SIGSEGV for certain email addresses and I felt it was
better to remove it and only allow a real email address for alerts.

You can obtain the same functionality by using this type of email
address (i.e. post-fix with @localhost):

 alert address@hidden
 alert address@hidden

--