Re: Config file syntax

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Config file syntax
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 20:45:01 +0200

Helo,

this is bug of 3.2 release - it is fixed in cvs version and in upcoming 4.0 release. I recommend you to use long form (as you noted) in the meantime.

Cheers,
Martin Pala

John Williams wrote:

Hello,

I've just installed monit 3.2, and noticed that although the manual says
that  the word "program" in the configuration file is just noise and is
ignored, it is in fact needed in lines like:
        start program = "some command"

If you leave the word "program" out, it looks to me like the whole of
the string in quotes is interpreted as the name of the program to
execute, instead of being parsed as program name plus arguments.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or just an error in the documentation.

Regards,
John