Re: New monit web-interface

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: New monit web-interface
Date: 12 Jul 2002 12:24:16 +0200

Christian Hopp <address@hidden> writes:

> > I agree with Thomas, it is less secure when checksum will depend on
> > ctime. I think that solution outlined above (with configuration swith)
> > will be useful to allow sysadmin choose check for every cycle (more
> > security) or performance instead, such as:
> >
> > [set checksumAlways {true|false}]
> >
> > If not specified, true should be default (i think).
> >

> > What do you think about it?
>
> A good point... I will take care of a "checksumAlways {true|false}"
> option!

Maybe it could be an idea and check both ctime and mtime? I created
the following function before I planed to start the implementation:

new in monitor.h:

#define MAX(x,y)           ((x) > (y) ? (x) : (y))

in util.c:

/**
 * Get a files last modified timestamp. This function returns the max
 * of either st_mtime or st_ctime. If the file does not exist or is
 * not a regular file FALSE is returned
 * @param file A file to stat
 * @return last modification time or FALSE if not found or not a regular file
*/