monit-dev

[monit-dev] Feature suggestion: SNMP support in Monit

From: Lior Okman
Subject: [monit-dev] Feature suggestion: SNMP support in Monit
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 16:55:44 +0300

Hi,

With regards to the MIB I intend to implement in Monit, attached is the first draft with initial support for monitored processes and files, that doesn't yet include any of the notification types in it.
See the output of the "monit status" command and the output of an example snmpwalk against that same monit process.

The MIB itself isn't useful without an IANA assigned private enterprise number [1]. Is it possible for somebody from Tildeslash to contact IANA and get a private enterprise number assigned for Monit by filling out this form: http://pen.iana.org/pen/PenApplication.page ? There's no fee involved, and while I could do it, I think that the contact details for a private enterprise number that is registered for Monit should be for Tildeslash and not myself. I'm currently using a made-up number, which I've replaced with XXXXXXXX in the attached MIB, but in order to actually use this feature a real number must be registered.

Comments?

Regards,
Lior

[1] - http://www.iana.org/assignments/enterprise-numbers