monit-dev

Re: hard coded locations for monitrc

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: hard coded locations for monitrc
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 22:08:53 +0200

+1 :)

However - because of backward compatibility we should probably keep the /usr/local/etc in the search path as well, otherwise it may break some existing monit installations which rely on it (although the sysconfigdir may have higher priority). The search path should be checked for redundancy (i.e ignore the sysconfigdir in the case that it is equal to some hardcoded path).

Martin

Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
Sounds like a good idea in my book. What do other commiters think? The only change from the proposal is to not patch monit.1 but the monit.pod file that is used to generate the monit.1 man file. I.e. we change monit.pod to monit.pod.in and use configure to write user set variables and paths and generate monit.pod which the script, make_man uses to generate the actual man file for monit.

Best regards
--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland