monit-dev

Re: it scares me a bit...

From: Michael Shigorin
Subject: Re: it scares me a bit...
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 02:48:05 +0200

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 12:56:10AM +0100, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
> I do not mean that we should end up with the ability to play
> MP3s and read mail with monit.

...even if those can me MD5'ed altogether? ;-)

Well someone suggested adding |festival to syslog's *.crit
arguing that some sort of audio is usually found these days even
on semi-server hardware :-)

> However it *is* true that if no-one is working on the code, the
> project is pretty much dead and replaced with another.

No, really.  Consider TeX.  It Just Works (TM).

> Michael had a good idea which we already use, that is, to
> utilize m/monit for specialized stuff that does not belong in
> monit.

Ummm... not exactly.  I've asked about external checkers (which
are "analog input"), although it's just the componentization like
m/monit (which is "analog output").

> BTW a new version of m/monit should be ready 1. quarter next
> year with a couple of interesting stuff for those that are
> serious about their monitoring business in large :-)

Cool :-)  People got much more interested in monit here after
hearing about its web frontend (even if I wasn't *so* focused on
that because monit's main business is keeping thing running, not
just telling they're all dead -- to me :-)

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <address@hidden>