monit-dev

Re: monit 4.4 final release?

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: monit 4.4 final release?
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 02:05:47 +0200

On Sep 22, 2004, at 21:01, Martin Pala wrote:

Hi,

what about to release monit-4.4 final version? It seems that there are no known bugs.

I though that it should contain yet following features:

Do you mean release 4.4 now "as is" or include the listed features? Anyway is fine by me, but on a general note, if we have a tested baseline version that works, then this is a better release candidate than a new one with added features. The extra features can be added in a 4.5 release.

*

I have partly implemented the first item, but it complicates the development of m/monit for me (the patch which implements event upstream to m/monit needs to be merged => each such change is extra work). I will better merge the features with event upstream patch and add it later (as soon as m/monit will be ready)

If you have a patch that needs to be merged into monit for m/monit to work I suggest that this is done before the 4.4 release. The rationale for us to add a patch for m/monit to monit is, that besides m/monit will work, that other third-party monitoring systems e.g. Nagios also can use this to integrate with monit.

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland