monit-dev

Re: monitrc erroneous line numbering off by one

From: Christian Hopp
Subject: Re: monitrc erroneous line numbering off by one
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 19:01:42 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

> Christian Hopp <address@hidden> writes:

> >> This looks very good! and factories most of the complex stuff into the
> >> lexer. Unfortunately I have some problems applying the patch, did you
> >> patch against the latest CVS? I tried patch < parseerror.diff and
> >> various permutations of patch -p 1.. < parseerror.diff without
> >> success =8-o
> >
> > Yep... I simply used "=" in my *cvs* in xemacs (-:.  It's always against
> > the lastest CVS.  I made one by hand with some additional fixes.  Try that
> > one.
>
> Thanks, this worked.
>
> Well, I must say that I'm impressed, this patch seems rock solid and
> improve parsing and reporting by a magnitude! Nice work! Hurry up and
> check it into cvs.

Done, it's checked in.

> Ps. So you are an xemacs user also, me too. (I have been using xemacs
> all the way back from when it was called Lucid Emacs).

I have still some artifacts in my init.el from the time I used emacs
on OS/2 (anyone still remembering it (-:).

> Have you consider using gnus (http://gnus.org) as a mail reader?

I have tried several times but I find it quite unhandy.  I hardly read
news and I need a program which works comfortable though ssh.  I use
pine for SOOOO many years already.  It's some kine of love-hate
relationship I can't end (-:. And I does everything I need... but I
use Xemacs for editing the mails.

> It's an excellent mail reader and integreate well with spam assasin
> and bogofilter, so now I'm almost spam free.

Our mail server sorts out the informative, commercial mails that you
can read them all at the same time. (-:

Christian

--
Christian Hopp                                email: address@hidden
Institut für Elektrische Informationstechnik             fon: +49-5323-72-2113