monit-dev

Re: monit SMTP

From: Caleb clark
Subject: Re: monit SMTP
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:05:58 -0800

I agree with you on this Igor, but this application is an exeption,
because its checking to see if those services / files are in working
order. If its checking sendmail, and sendmail fails, then how will it
send that page out? =)

-caleb

/agree sms!

-Caleb Clark
-Network Analyst
-County of Mendocino
-Information Services

Georges Toth said the following on 12.02.2004 17:34:
> IMO it would be nice though if monit was able to send mails by
itself, instead
> of relying on an external server (/program).

send email, send sms, send ICQ message .... what next ?

The Right (Unix) way is to use the proper tool for each task, instead
of
making a one program that does everything.

>>i think mail sending and queue is not monit job. monit must use
external
>>smtp sender like  /usr/lib/sendmail (nullmailer, ssmtp, etc.)

-- Igor Homyakov