monit-dev

Re: device stuff - cvs

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: device stuff - cvs
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 00:47:24 +0200

Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

... and then run a QA on the
codebase before preparing a release.

I'll test monit with last changes in next week. I'm now back from my vacation - i saw lot of nice changes in the codebase - realy big work in last weeks :)

I will now be busy for few days by solving the tasks which grouped during vacation, but in the case i'll find some time i will extend file/directory stuff by new tests (size, uid, gid, etc.) We can extend filesystem stuff further by stuff like load average, service/response time, DNLC (directory name lookup cache), etc. (some of them are highly OS+filesystem dependent).

Because framework of device, directory, file and process is now part of cvs, it is possible to start work on these tests in parallel, so if someone want to give a stab to any of missing functionality, no problem :)

(For instance the code does not
compile on my RH7.3 after Martin's major patch :)

Strange but possible - i prepared final version for sync in hurry few moments before my holiday departure. I developed and tested it on RH7.3, but the final patch needed to upgrade according to interim changes in cvs. I upgraded it on my second system (debian) and tested it before sync - all worked fine - i don't know what happened on RH. I hope it is OK now.

Martin