monit-dev

Re: monit socket.c

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: monit socket.c
Date: 17 Jun 2003 18:51:48 +0200

Christian Hopp <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:
>
> > Christian Hopp <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > > I'd like to commit in the no-reserved-words patch.  Do you have any
> > > pending changes?
> >
> > No, I'm planning on programming into the wee-hours soon, but haven't
> > started yet. BTW, what is the no-reserved-words patch ?
>
> description is in... Subject: Language Task Force Report I
> You can define any kind of service name even though it is a reserved
> word.

I don't know how, but I missed that mail. Anyway I read it now in the
archive. Yes, this looks clever! except, please can you add a lexer
rule to make old check statements also work on the form:

 'check apache with pidfile'

So the backward compability does not break.

> The problem is it is quite a pain to resolve always the conflicts
> with your sync. (-:

Hehe, well the process->service change was big and included other
goodies as well. But it had to be done. Hopefully my next sync will be
smaller. So, hurry to check-in before I start my next sync wave :)

--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland