monit-dev

Re: Question

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Question
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 08:17:06 +0100

There is the only one cause to reload monit's configuration without monit restart - changed timestamp of monitrc. If you'll change configuration and immediately load it, you can send monit signal to wakeup. It then looks on timestamp and parses monitrc again. There isn't any other way (to force configuration reload) now. In the past i made patch for monit implementing SIGHUP, that caused forced configuration reload, but it was rejected (it isn't realy needed).

Martin

Rory Toma wrote:

What causes (other than a new config file) a re-load of config?