monit-dev

Re: additional feature for monit-3.0 (for clusters)

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: additional feature for monit-3.0 (for clusters)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 11:59:14 +0000

Jan-Henrik Haukeland wrote:

Oliver Jehle <address@hidden> writes:

so i vote for mode instead of the autostart

So I suggest that we go for Martins proposal then. That is, replacing
the current autostart statement with:

mode [ active | passive | manual ]

where 'mode' is statement keyword (replacement for 'autostart')

and:

active ... in this mode monit will watch the process and will
restart it if it doesn't exist (equals present autostart=yes)
passive ... monit will start monitoring process but it doesn't do
restart if it doesn't exist ((equals present autostart=no) manual
... monit will enter 'active' mode after instructed to start this
service, otherwise it woun't monitor this service at all

Do you want to give it a stab Martin?

No problem :) I will look at it today afternoon (as soon as i'll back home)

Martin