[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Announce] monit 4.10-beta1
[Announce] monit 4.10-beta1
Mon, 13 Aug 2007 00:45:32 +0200
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20070802 Iceape/1.1.4 (Debian-1.1.4-1)
The monit 4.10-beta1 is available:
Download from: http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/dist/beta/
Change log: http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/dist/beta/CHANGES.txt
This is a new features and bugfix release which has been tested on the
Debian Lenny [x86]
FreeBSD 6.0 [x86]
Mac OS X 10.4.10 [ppc]
NetBSD 3.0.1 [x86]
OpenBSD 4.1 [x86]
NEW FEATURES AND FUNCTIONS:
* Added support for SMTP authentication and SSL for sending alerts.
- plain athentication:
smtp.foo.bar username "user" password "hidden"
- plain athentication with ssl:
smtp.foo.bar username "user" password "hidden" using sslv3
- plain athentication with tls:
smtp.foo.bar username "user" password "hidden" using tlsv1
Thanks to Thomas Lohmueller for patch.
* Allow to set the location of monirc using 'configure --sysconfdir'
option during monit compilation. Thanks to Klaus Heinz for patch.
* Monit now log user actions requested via monit's http interface.
* Monit http interface now use the POST method for forms
(change is transparent from the user point of view).
* Monit from this version on is licensed under GPL version 3
* Fixed a possible monit crash on exit if a match rule was used and
referred a file containing multiple expressions. Thanks to Stephen
Dowdy for report.
* Added patch from Klaus Heinz which fix a problem in the Log module
that had monit using an uninitialized mutex after a monitrc reload.
* Fixed a possible crash on monit start when the monit control file
contained exec action with argument longer then 256 bytes. Thanks
to Stevan Bajic for report.
* Fixed linux 32-bit system CPU usage statistics (the fix in 4.9 was
incomplete). If a server had a long/large uptime and high load, the
reported CPU usage could be incorrect. Thanks to Aleksander for report.
* Fixed a problem where monit would incorrect display an error in the
web interface status page. This could occur if a service had failed,
monit had reload and the state of the service had passed just after the
reload (for example due to changes of the configuration rules). Thanks to
Claus Klein for report and help with the patch.
* Avoid filling the log with "pidfile does not contain a valid pidnumber"
entries during debug
* Added patch from Dave Cheney, which fix and reactivate resource testing
for Mac OS X Tiger (Darwin 10.4.x).
* Limit the number of consecutive redirects in http protocol test to 64.
* Report as error when the redirect in http protocol test points to itself.
Finally, a big thanks to ALL who have contributed work and time to
create this release :)
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- [Announce] monit 4.10-beta1,
Martin Pala <=