mldonkey-users

[Mldonkey-users] Trouble with priorities

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Trouble with priorities
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 13:47:45 +0100

I experience difficulties understanding the use of priorities in
mlDonkey.

My observation is that I have often files where the download does not
start (0 % after several weeks) even when there is no download
activity at all and then, changing the priority is sufficient and the
download starts. I thought that the priorities were only between
*competing* downloads but apparently, high priority file requests,
even inactive, block lower priorities requests?

I find http://mldonkey.sourceforge.net/Priority badly written and quite
confusing.

http://mldonkey.sourceforge.net/WhyDoesItTakeXDays read and, I
believe, understood

http://mldonkey.sourceforge.net/WhatFirewallPortsToOpen OK, the
servers tell me I have a HighID

max_concurrent_downloads = 50 and, anyway, when the problem happens,
my download rate is typically next to zero.

mldonkey 2.9.0 on Ubuntu