mldonkey-users

Re: [Mldonkey-users] still no overnet-connections with 2.02-9 :/

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] still no overnet-connections with 2.02-9 :/
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 18:01:18 +0100

Oliver Heering wrote...
> i'm still not getting any connections to overnet whatever i try.
> When i take a look at the logfile i can see several DNS lookups for
> potential overnet peers, but "ovstats" give me "Number of known
> Overnet peers = 0" all the time...
> I don't get it, maybe it has something to do with my network-setup?
> Maybe the overnet-part of mldonkey just communicates over eth0? But i
> can't really imagine that....
> Does anyone have a similar setup and a clue?

I had the same problem - no overnet connection even with all network and
firewall settings ok - no succes with webbott from several locations...
finally solved it by using a servers.ini with real online overnet
peers....since then it works fine and the overnet peer list is
always updated....

ovstats
Overnet statistics:
  Search hits: 0
  Source hits: 309031
  Number of known Overnet peers = 2562

if you want i can send you my servers.ini so you can try....