mldonkey-users

[Mldonkey-users] Sources management for duplicates?

From: Mike Jones
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Sources management for duplicates?
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 18:34:46 +0000

For some of the files that I am downloading I see the same source many times in
my sources list.

For example, I see "Bob" listed as a source 8 times, and each client has a
different last_ok:
800, 700, 600, 500 etc down to ~10 mins ago.  I assume this guy is dynamic IP
(I know he is on t-dialin.net), and he is duplicated as a source because of
this dynamic IP.  Will newer sources management handle this any better?  Can
the client's ID be used to remove him as a duplicate or take into account
Last_ok's somehow.  It seems like a waste of bandwidth to keep checking him as
a source at 8 or more old IP's when he is very obviously on a new IP.

But, I can imagine a person having the same clientID but having a donkey at
work and at home, and I wouldn't want to remove either of these sources as
duplicate.  Is there a smart way to handle this?