mldonkey-users

Re: [Mldonkey-users] MLdonkey core settings

From: Sergio Bayarri Gausi
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] MLdonkey core settings
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 00:02:57 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

> What happened to MLdonkey? I had 40-80 KBs once...

Well, not only mldonkey is changing... We could also blame the edonkey
network. Emule (and its long queues) gets about 70% of the network.

If the new edonkey+overnet official client also has queues (a
should expect worse transfer rates.

I've been running 2.02-0 for 10 hours now (I was using 2.02-9 previously)
and it looks like it has better dl rates (9kb/s vs 5.4 I was getting with
2.02-9).

But I really don't know if it's mldonkey's "fault", my settings or the
edonkey network "evolution".

I'm not sure if I should ask this but... How good are Emule's dl rates?
And more important... If their dl rates are good, why is it "so easy" to
use it? I mean, windows users just install emule and run it, they don't
have to tweak their settings, analyze their traffic, etc to use that
client.

We really should make mldonkey easier on this subject, and we definitely
have to change the default values of downloads.ini ("`ulimit -n`-100"
max_opened_connections is way too big).

Greetings,

Sergio