mldonkey-users

[Mldonkey-users] donitor users: speedup of data gathering

From: Sven Hartge
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] donitor users: speedup of data gathering
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 23:33:09 +0100

Hi.

I know this is not exactly the correct list, but some of us here might
be using donitor to gather some long time date of the behavior of
mldonkey.

But since the data gathering script is in perl and iptables isn't the
fastest either, there sometimes might occur some hickups.

I now discovered, one can speed up this process by 200% or even 400%. If
you use perl 5.8.0 (or higher), try compiling the script with the
perlcc.

This really solved the speed problem for me. The raw perl script takes
about 30 seconds per round, so I can only use 3 rounds to be on the safe
side.

With the compiled version, one round only takes about 10 seconds, so I
am able to use the normal amount of 6 rounds per run of the script.

S°

--
BOFH excuse #198:

Post-it Note Sludge leaked into the monitor.