mldonkey-users

Re: [Mldonkey-users] Hippies and emule

From: fr1end4u
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Hippies and emule
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 04:26:39 +0100

Brett Dikeman wrote:

a)making it known that they asked mldonkey developers to change the client so it was more 'social', they got no response, no action, and after some time had passed, they gave up- and blocked mldonkey clients

As far as i remember, MLDonkey learned about EMule blocking his client from a third party forum. Nice style, that...

b)removing the blocking AND informing their users that the mldonkey client had been fixed

This is definitely wrong, the so called "Anti-aggressive client system" is still part of emule.

the 33% patch was motivated by a whiny "it's not fair" attitude that the most popular client was getting (GASP!) most of people upload slots.

If EMule would also provide the majority of our downloads, no one would complain, i think.

I could care less, since most of the bytes I receive are from eMule clients; they make up about 59% of my seen-clients, %80 of my downloaders, and %70 of my downloaded bytes. Seems pretty damn fair and even to me.

It looks like the majority of mldonkey users (including me) has different experiences.

Treat others how you would expect to be treated. If they can't play nice, that's THEIR problem.

Sorry, but if i have a download rate of 0k and can't complete my downloads, i somehow feel that this isn't THEIR problem.

Don't get me wrong: I'm very much in favor of keeping peace, but at least it has to be sure that emule devs care if a problem with another client (in that case, it is a protocol issue, i think) appears, and that mldonkey isn't acused of things he hasn't done, which happened quite often in the past.

If this is the case, I'm always ready to smoke a pipe with every emule-brother (or sister) that i meet on my way...

regards
fr1end4u