mldonkey-users

Re: [Mldonkey-users] BUFFER OVERFLOW and lots of messages

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] BUFFER OVERFLOW and lots of messages
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:32:40 +0100

>   if b.len + len > b.max_buf_size then begin
>   Printf.printf "BUFFER OVERFLOW %d+%d> %d" b.len len b.max_buf_size ;
>
>  if i understand the code correctly you are running out of tcp bufferes
>  (surprise surprise) - i also saw this msg from time to time in console
> output
>  - at the same time heavy memory usage (aprox 250megs) ...
>
>  maybe a devel guy can comment this?

Sorry for the delay, I'm reading my mails from the last one to the old
ones...

Yes, this means that you sent to this client too many messages, so
that mldonkey internal buffer is full for this client. The size of
this buffer should probably be adapted to the upload_rate (if you can
upload 10k/s, having a 500k buffer for each client is too much).

In no way this message is caused by a potential security problem known
as "buffer overflow", since mldonkey always checks for buffer boundaries.

- MLDonkey