mldonkey-users

Re: [Mldonkey-users] problems with max_upload_slots || max_hard_upload_

From: MLdonkey
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] problems with max_upload_slots || max_hard_upload_rate ???
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 11:44:01 +0100

>  So i looked at my upload and saw it at line-maximum, which is
>  responsible for having nearly any download on a DSL-line.

Try also to decrease my maximal number of connections. I decreased
mine from about 924 to 150 and it helped a lot.

>  My max_upload_slots is set to 10, but i have *22 uploaders*.

Yes, it can happen at the beginning, since the clients are not
immediatly added to the upload queue, but only when they request a
bloc. So that mldonkey sometimes replies that there is an open slot,
because the client which uses the slots has not yet ask for a block.
It should probable be fixed in the future :)

>  So something _must_ be wrong. I also set max_hard_upload_rate to 9 but
>  my system tells me it sends with 16kb/s (i don't hope it's the old
>  problem again)

Bandwidth management has never been well managed in mldonkey.

- MLDonkey