mit-scheme-users

Re: [MIT-Scheme-users] Trouble drawing immediately after making a graphi

From: Matt Birkholz
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-users] Trouble drawing immediately after making a graphics device on the X window system
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 13:35:50 -0700

On Sat, 2018-09-08 at 13:18 -0600, Ty Lewis wrote:
Is this a known issue by chance?

Yes. I've seen that kind of thing affect Edwin too.

Are there any better workarounds?

Nothing easy. It really needs to do its own double-buffering, e.g. draw to an off-screen pixmap and serve expose events from it. I don't see any expose event handling in the current code.

If you want it fixed, my rates are very reasonable. :-)