mit-scheme-users

Re: [MIT-Scheme-users] Constructing a differential function with ScmUtil

From: Taylor R Campbell
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-users] Constructing a differential function with ScmUtils
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 09:27:04 +0000

> Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 10:55:07 +0200
> From: David Gray <address@hidden>
>
> I'm going to deal with a few materials so I thought passing a vector
> directly would be better, but I didn't manage to
> differentiate the resulting function

If you use the autocurrying notation, it may be easier:

(define ((n p) x)
  ...)

(pe ((D (n (up 'p_1 'p_2 'p_3 ...))) x))

Otherwise, you need *all* the arguments to go through a single vector
in order to differentiate it, because scmutils has no way to know
which arguments are scalars and which arguments are vectors.