mit-scheme-users

Re: [MIT-Scheme-users] Instalation in /usr fails

From: Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-users] Instalation in /usr fails
Date: 29 Jul 2003 19:32:39 +0000

Hi Chris,

I've installed MIT Scheme into /opt/mit-scheme and I've put the
following scripts in /usr/bin:
euler root # cat /usr/bin/scheme
#!/bin/bash
/opt/mit-scheme/bin/scheme -library /opt/mit-scheme/lib/mit-scheme
euler root # cat /usr/bin/bchscheme
#!/bin/bash
/opt/mit-scheme/bin/bchscheme -library /opt/mit-scheme/lib/mit-scheme

The problem is that when I start scheme I get:

euler root # scheme
Scheme Microcode Version 14.9
MIT Scheme running under GNU/Linux
Type `^C' (control-C) followed by `H' to obtain information about
interrupts.
Scheme saved on Monday June 17, 2002 at 10:03:44 PM
  Release 7.7.1
  Microcode 14.9
  Runtime 15.1

1 ]=>

As you can see, not all of mit-scheme is loaded.

I can also do:

euler root # scheme -edwin
Scheme Microcode Version 14.9
MIT Scheme running under GNU/Linux
Type `^C' (control-C) followed by `H' to obtain information about
interrupts.
Scheme saved on Monday June 17, 2002 at 10:03:44 PM
  Release 7.7.1
  Microcode 14.9
  Runtime 15.1

1 ]=> (edit)

;Unbound variable: edit
;To continue, call RESTART with an option number:
; (RESTART 3) => Specify a value to use instead of edit.
; (RESTART 2) => Define edit to a given value.
; (RESTART 1) => Return to read-eval-print level 1.

2 error> (exit)

Do you understand why this is happening?

Best regards,

Paulo J. Matos