mit-scheme-devel

Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Installing 9.2 OS X Binary on macOS Sierra Macboo

From: Taylor R Campbell
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Installing 9.2 OS X Binary on macOS Sierra Macbook air
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 19:31:09 +0000

> Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 16:23:30 -0400
> From: "Aaron S. Hawley" <address@hidden>
>
> I tried to keep mit-scheme running for a while, but couldn't get it to
> reproduce the cpu spiking problem.  The mit-scheme process goes out of
> control when it starts and one of the errors happen that I reported
> earlier.  When that happens, I can't interact with the REPL and
> therefore I can't send a C-c C-b to get a backtrace for you.

Just to clarify: when you say `interact with the REPL', are you
talking about the Edwin REPL or the console REPL?  At the console,
`C-c b' should work at a lower level than the REPL itself.  If Edwin
is nonresponsive in this state, that's not surprising; if the console
doesn't respond to `C-c b', then there's something very strange afoot.